Parabola is one of the important topics in the conic sections. We have already discussed the circle tutorials in our previous post and in our next post, we will discuss the ellipse and hyperbola tutorials. We can define the parabola as if a variable point P moves in such a way that its distances from a fixed point S and a fixed-line L are same, then the locus or path of point P is called a parabola. Where point S is called the focus of parabola and line L is called directrix of the parabola.
Parabola chapter contains a variety of topics and we will discuss each topic one by one. Such as definitions, standard form, parabola with its axis parallel to x/y axis, position of a point with respect to parabola, chord from its midpoint, tangent, parametric equation, intersection point of tangents, slope of chord, properties of focal chord, normal, polar, chord of contact, etc. Just click on the topic given below to watch the video lectures of each topic with examples.
Video Lectures of Parabola:
- General Conic (Circle, Parabola, Ellipse, Hyperbola) | Capital T and S1 (Hindi)
- Parabola Basics (Definition) in Hindi
- Standard Form of Parabola in Hindi
- Parabola with its Axis Parallel to X / Y Axis (Hindi)
- Position of Point wrt Parabola (Hindi)
- Tangent at a Point on the Parabola (Hindi)
- Equation of Chord of Parabola from its Mid Point (Hindi)
- Parametric Equation of Parabola (Hindi)
- Tangent at Parametric Point on Parabola (Hindi)
- Tangent of Slope m to Parabola (Hindi)
- Intersection Point of Tangents of Parabola (Hindi)
- Slope of Chord to Parabola (Hindi)
- Properties of Focal Chord of Parabola (Hindi)
- Equation of Normal to Parabola (Hindi)
- Polar wrt Pole of Parabola (Hindi)
- Chord of Contact to Parabola (Hindi)
So these were the topics included in the parabola chapter and we will add more examples and remaining concepts in our upcoming videos. Till then, practice each example to strengthen your concepts and do motivate us by leaving your positive feedback through comments. Also, you can contact us through conatct form and you can ask your doubts and queries through the same.